SAI DMA Half Transfer Example (EVAL 1010) - DMA Not Configured Correctly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAI DMA Half Transfer Example (EVAL 1010) - DMA Not Configured Correctly

JamesOCR
Contributor I

Hi, circular DMA doesn't work on the "SAI EDMA HALF INTERRUPT" example for 1010 EVAL unless the example "SAI EDMA TRANSFER" was previously loaded and running.

In other words, if I hard reset the board and try to run the SAI EDMA HALF INTERRUPT the circular DMA fails. Then if I program the SAI EDMA TRANSFER, run it, and then program the SAI EDMA HALF INTERRUPT the circular DMA works.

I have got as far as checking out the bits in the registers prior to the first DMA interrupt (after config). The register printout on the left is what I get if I run the SAI EDMA TRANSFER example followed by the SAI EDMA HALF INTERUPT example, wheras the one on the right is what I get if I run the SAI EDMA HALF INTERRUPT example direct after a hard reset on the board.

Will carry on investigating in more detail tomorrow, I am new to this board so I have a bit of reading to do. If anything immediately comes to mind for anyone please let me know so that I may get the half transfer working a bit easier.

works.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi James,

I tested the SA_DMA_Half_Transfer example on my RT1010 EVK. It works fine. The whole playback time is controlled by PLAY_COUNT. I tried SW3 button and power-off/on. Both works fine.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos