cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Serial Downloader on i.MX RT 1050

jiri_findejs
Contributor II

Hello,

i.MX RT 1060 processor has ROM API, which allows to start Serial Downloader from an application, e.g. second stage bootloader. The function is called runBootloader().

I need the same functionality on i.MX RT 1050 processor, but I cannot find anything, which results in Serial Downloader running.

Do you have any idea how run Serial Downloader from an application on i.MX RT 1050 processor?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jiri

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jiri, 

i.MXRT1050 does not have ROM API section as compared to i.MXRT1060 ( ROM API is mentioned in section 9.13 of IMXRT1060RM ). As Flash address remapping configuration requires settings in below mentioned registers.

1. IOMUXC_GPR_GPR30

2. IOMUXC_GPR_GPR31

3. IOMUXC_GPR_GPR32

These registers are only available in i.MXRT1060, which is one of the enhanced features of i.MXRT1060 ( mentioned in section 11.4-IOMUXC GPR Memory MAp/Register Defination, of IMXRT1060RM ). Without above mentioned features it is not possible for the RT1050 to run the ROM bootloader during runtime.

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos

jiri_findejs
Contributor II

Hi Victor,

thank you for explanation. Just to be sure I don't need full runBootloader functionality, I just need to run Serial Downloader and I can even reset the processor if it could help.

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jiri, 

To enter serial downloader you will need to modify the BOOT_MODE[1:0] and then reset the RT. From there, the RT1050 will follow its normal boot sequence process. Section 9.3.2 of the reference manual shows a high-level description of the boot sequence. 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos

jiri_findejs
Contributor II

Hi Victor,

it sounds good, but I did not find a way how to set BOOT_MODE[1:0] from software. Do you know how to do that? Is a support from hardware needed?

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jiri, 

You cannot set these pins through software, this has to be done through hardware. 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jiri, 

The RT1050 doesn't support this ROM API, I'm currently checking with the applications team if there is an alternative for the RT1050.

Regards, 

Victor