cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant declaration of CLOCK_DisableUsbhs1PhyPllClock in SDK V2.4.2

jobst
Contributor II

Hello guys.

I'm using the MCUXpresso SDK V2.4.2 for the i.MX RT 1051 and I have seen that there are two declarations of the `CLOCK_DisableUsbhs1PhyPllClock` function inside the `fsl_clock.h`. What's the intention of this double declaration?

One other thing, I get a lot of unused parameter warnings inside the SDK. How do you guys handle this? Just ignore them?

Greetings,
Julian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Julian,

On MCUXpresso SDK examples, it is possible to find more than one function with the same functionality, especially on clocks and pins handling, because on the examples by itself, the functions are implemented on the code that is part of the example. But there are also available the auto generated functions from Clocks Tool and Pins Tool.

The idea is to highlight the requirements of the example with the specific functions, but also having the option of using the automated tools when using the SDK examples as base for a custom application.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jobst
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

thank you for your answer. I was working on some other task, please apologize my late reply.

I can follow your argumentation of multiple function implementations for different examples and auto generated code but in my opinion it's not necessary to have multiple prototypes of the same function inside one or even multiple headers. This will also cause a compiler error warning.

I would appreciate if the SDK and at least the abstraction layer functions would be compileable without any avoidable compiler warnings e.g. 'unused-parameter ' and 'redundant-decls'. Do you think this is possible?

Greetings,
Julian

0 Kudos