Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended workflow for creating firmware for custom board

Jump to solution
patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi,

I need to design a board based on the I.MXRT, so I purchased the EVK-MIMXRT1060 for getting acquainted with the tools.

So far, I have imported design examples successfully for this EVK from the SDK. Now my question is:

What is the recommended workflow or procedure for creating a new project when the board you are using is not the EVK, but a custom one? How do I get started?

Thank you!

Patricio

1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi M. Patricio Cohen Sch.

We normally recommend importing an example code that has some of the drivers that you need for your custom application and adds the drivers that are missed. For the Custom board, you only need to modify the files of the board folder (as these files are the EVK specific files). If you also change the memory used, you have to check the xip folder too, this folder contains the qspi configuration loaded for the boot. 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi M. Patricio Cohen Sch.

We normally recommend importing an example code that has some of the drivers that you need for your custom application and adds the drivers that are missed. For the Custom board, you only need to modify the files of the board folder (as these files are the EVK specific files). If you also change the memory used, you have to check the xip folder too, this folder contains the qspi configuration loaded for the boot. 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!