cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read general purpose OTP regisgter using JTAG

sathishkumar-rk
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I want to use JLINK interface to read & write the OTP general fuse register (0x1300 to 0x17FF).

when trying to read those values from register, the values returned as 0x00000000 even though register contains the valid register values.

Using blhost i can able to retrieve values from those registers, Is there any specific command should I use to read those registers?

command used for reading:
Mem32 0x40cad300 32

PS: I'm trying to read the OTP eFuse register from iMXR1160 platform using JLINK.

The register listed under OCOTP fusemap, find the snapshot of fusemap list from reference manual (i.MXRT1160).

sathishkumarrk_1-1667810445108.png

Thanks,

Sathishkumar K

0 Kudos
7 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @sathishkumar-rk ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Actually, the OTP controller doesn't have the corresponding registers to store the 0x1300 to 0x17FF portion in the Fuse map.

jeremyzhou_0-1667875899138.png

TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sathishkumar-rk
Contributor II

Hi @jeremyzhou,

Is it possible to read the 0x1300 to 0x17FF OTP register using JLINK interface? Is there something I'm missing here?

I can able to access register using OCOTP controller but while trying to access using JLINK it always return as value 0x00000000 even-though OTP register has some value on it.

Thanks,

Sathishkumar K

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I got the feedback from RT product team that:

These registers are used by customer. it can be store some data by customer. But please note that, it is a fuse, that means when bit from 0 ->1, it cannot back to 0. (OTP operation)

The default value should be 0.

Wish it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos

sathishkumar-rk
Contributor II

Hi @Hui_Ma,

I have tried to read the value of general purpose register using JLINK I'm getting values as 0x00000000.

But, I have stored some key values on it.

Using blhost I can able to read those values but using JLINK receiving values as 0x00000000 even-though it has values.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I need to double check with RT product team if related General Purpose fuse registers [#1~#5] info.

From OCOTP memory map, related fuse registers are not listed.

Will let you know, when there with any feedback.

Thank you for the patience.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

sathishkumar-rk
Contributor II

Hi @Hui_Ma @jeremyzhou

I have tried to read the value of general purpose register using JLINK I'm getting values as 0x00000000.

But, I have stored some key values on it.

Using blhost I can able to read those values but using JLINK receiving values as 0x00000000 even-though it has values.

Any thoughts on it?

Regards,

Sathishkumar K

0 Kudos

sathishkumar-rk
Contributor II

Hi @Hui_Ma @jeremyzhou ,

Is there any update on my request?

Thanks in advance.

Sathishkumar K

0 Kudos