Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read/Write operations with Octal or Quad SPI and Nor Flash Adesto 032

Jump to solution
MatiasBognato
Contributor II

Hello,

I might be pushing the boundaries of this community with my question but here it goes.

I am working with an RT1062 board attempting to get my code to write to an external SPI Nor Flash. Now my code is XiP, running from the same flash device. 

Everywhere you read it is said simply not possible, but then the datasheet of the Adesto 032 which I am using states:

The ATXP032 allows writing to the flash array at the same time as code is being fetched from a different part of the array. This enables firmware updates and data logging without the need for additional data storage devices in the system.

Seems that I should be able to use the drivers available in the SDK to achieve this. Any thoughts?...

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @MatiasBognato ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Any thoughts?
- -  I think your purpose is able to be implemented, usually, we'd like to suggest the developers refer to the polling_transfer demo to make it, and you can find this demo resides in the SDK library (~\boards\evkbmimxrt1060\driver_examples\flexspi\nor\polling_transfer).
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This feature is so called RWW (Read-While-Write), it is optional feature of Flash. RWW feature allows application execute from one block of Flash, and be able to write/erase another block of Flash.

Without RWW feature, application (FlexSPI driver code) should be relocated to RAM, then it can write/erase Flash properly.

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @MatiasBognato ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Any thoughts?
- -  I think your purpose is able to be implemented, usually, we'd like to suggest the developers refer to the polling_transfer demo to make it, and you can find this demo resides in the SDK library (~\boards\evkbmimxrt1060\driver_examples\flexspi\nor\polling_transfer).
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.