Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT685 I2S DMIC Right Only channel capture

Jump to solution
yugandhar421
Contributor II

Hi,

I am a newbie to RT685. I tried i2s dmic example dmic_i2s_dma from SDK and it is capturing on board dmic with channel 0 configuation and i am able to hear it from line-out. But when I changed channel 0 to 1 including stereo side to right and dma value from 16 to 17, no sound from line-out.

I printed audio sample values in dmic_Callback and all zeroes for channel 1 and random numbers for channel 0. Is there any extra configurtion required to capture right only channel?

Thanks,

Yugandhar

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @yugandhar421,

It looks like the right channel can't work alone, and the left channel need to be enabled to use the right one, attached is a code with the modifications needed.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
u_h
Contributor II

Hi Yugandhar, 

I hope everything is safe and sound. 

As you are working with DMIC and got output from Line out point. That's great !

Here I'm also doing same thing trying to enable Onboard DMIC with RT685, but unfortunately can't able to here voice from Line out.. 

Could you please tell me how to do this thing in right manner ! (How to enable channel of DMIC ..)

It would be valuable help from your end ..

Thanks & Regards

Himani  

0 Kudos
yugandhar421
Contributor II

Hi @u_h ,

Initially I too didn't hear any sound, Later I increased the volume to 80 in CODEC_SetVolume() and then only I can hear sound.

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @yugandhar421,

It looks like the right channel can't work alone, and the left channel need to be enabled to use the right one, attached is a code with the modifications needed.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @yugandhar421,

As you mention I could replicate this issue and until now couldn't change the channel to the right channel. I would investigate this issue and let you know when I have an update.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos