您的意思是: 
已解决

RT117x ROM bootloader version specific information

跳至解决方案
801 次查看
yf2
Contributor III

Dear support,

I am using RT1170-EVK to getting familiar with RT117x MCU. According to chapter 10 of the `RT1170 Processor Reference Manual`, there is a "ROM bootloader" inside each RT117x chip and it supports so called "Serial download mode" which can be used to download programs to external flash devices.

Now I am having quite a few questions:

1. Is this "ROM bootloader" same thing as the "MCU bootloader"? 
  2. With command line tool "blhost -- get-property 1" on the EVK, I got version "K3.0.1", however the above MCU bootloader page is about version 2.5, are there any differences between these two versions? Whare can we find release notes information?
  3. I noticed that "get-property 7" returns unknown property error. So how do I know what commands are supported by this ROM bootloader? Other properties mentioned in "blhost user manual" but not available from the ROM bootloader includes 0x19 for example. Where I can find a list of supported property ids of this ROM bootloader?
  4. Under my MCUXpresso SDK (version 2.11), I noticed two folders under "middleware/" folder, one is "mcu-boot/" and the other is "mcuboot_opensource". How they are related to this ROM bootloader? When I should use them?

Regards,

yf2

0 项奖励
1 解答
775 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yf2 ,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Did you mean that the ROM bootloader supports "load-image" and "execute" commands to load and run the flashloader program and then we should follow the flashloader manual to use the flashloader program to do more jobs?
-- Yes, just like the link illustrates.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
4 回复数
795 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yf2 ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Is this "ROM bootloader" same thing as the "MCU bootloader"?
-- Yes, they're similar.
2) Where I can find a list of supported property ids of this ROM bootloader?
-- I don't know, usually, we just use the ROM code to load the flashload which supports more available commands.
3) How they are related to this ROM bootloader? When I should use them?
-- No, the mcu-boot is as same as the flashloader demo except for it can work in the flash.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 项奖励
783 次查看
yf2
Contributor III

@jeremyzhou 

Thanks, did you mean that the ROM bootloader supports "load-image" and "execute" commands to load and run the flashloader program and then we should follow the flashloader manual to use the flashloader program to do more jobs?

Regards,

yf2

0 项奖励
776 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yf2 ,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Did you mean that the ROM bootloader supports "load-image" and "execute" commands to load and run the flashloader program and then we should follow the flashloader manual to use the flashloader program to do more jobs?
-- Yes, just like the link illustrates.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 项奖励
779 次查看
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

only app image(flashloader) with ivt header can be supported by BootROM 'load-image' command, and it will jump to app directly after issuing load-image command, so you don't need to issue 'execute' command any more.

Yes, you cannot do flash erase/write work by BootROM commands, so we have to do it in 2nd flashloader.

0 项奖励