cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1176 SDKv2.12.0 has FSL_FEATURE_FLEXRAM_HAS_ECC set to false

Jump to solution
raddeh
Contributor III

I'm in the process of upgrading from the SDK v2.11.1 to SDK v2.12.0. I've discovered, that the define

FSL_FEATURE_FLEXRAM_HAS_ECC

in the file MIMXRT1176_cm7_features.h (line 426) has been set to "0". According to the Reference manual of the RT117x series processors, the FLEXRAM does have ECC, so shouldn't this define be set to "1" like it was in v2.12.0 of the SDK?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @raddeh ,

Yes, RT1176 flexram has ECC. This bit should be 1. I'll report this problem. Thx a lot!

Best regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @raddeh ,

Yes, RT1176 flexram has ECC. This bit should be 1. I'll report this problem. Thx a lot!

Best regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
raddeh
Contributor III

@jingpan FYI: it seems like some FlexRAM ECC related functions were removed from fsl_flexram.h and fsl_flexram.c. So even if I manually patch the flag 

FSL_FEATURE_FLEXRAM_HAS_ECC

to be set to 1, neither my custom code nor the driver example will compile anymore. I guess that together with setting the flag to 0 a bunch of code was modified automatically by your internal process.

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @raddeh ,

I compared fsl_flexram.c/.h in SDK2.11.1 and SDK2.12.0. SDK2.12.0 only adds FLEXRAM_ErrorInjection(). I think it's not a big problem. But I think you can also use the old version.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos