RT1170 series microcontroller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1170 series microcontroller

AyushiAgrawal
Contributor I

RT1170 series MIMXRT1176DVMAA microcontroller supports upto 2 EMV SIM modules.

May I get the more details of these SIM modules whether support 4G/5G/ LTE or not?

When buying this NXP controller then what are the connectors and Module part number that I also require along with it?

In short, I want to have the GSM/GPRS - 4g/5g/ LTE with this RT series microcontroller so can I achieve that?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

robSanders
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think the question is - does the EMV SIM module require an external IC to interface with an eSIM? This mobile POS reference design seems to indicate so (TDA8034), although I don't think the data sheet necessarily clarifies this. @jingpan any thoughts on this? 

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The EMVSIM on RT1170 compatible with ISO7816-3 and EMV v4.3. It can connect to sim card directly. But the TDA8034 can give more, such as level shift, protection and enhanced ESD. Using an external IC like TDA8034 is good for the design.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi AyushiAgrawal,

Yes, RT1170 EMVSIM port can support GSM/4G/5G sim card. Their hardware interface is same.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

AyushiAgrawal
Contributor I

May I get the more details over it since we are planning to use this NXP microcontroller?

Does controller has EMV slots in microcontroller ,( I am not talking of evaluation board) and what are the other requirements to make it work as a GSM 4G 5G?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry, but what do you mean of "Does controller has EMV slots in microcontroller"? RT1170 reference manual and datasheet is released. Please refer to it.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

AyushiAgrawal
Contributor I

Hi,

Sorry to bother you but yes I looked the reference manual and the datasheet but it does not bring much clarity on the requirements to make it work for 4G/ 5G LTE. 

AyushiAgrawal_0-1611901422807.png

0 Kudos