cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1064 - flexSPI

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello team,

My customer has the following set-up one RT1064 has main MCU that needs to communicate the fast as possible with two other RT1064 devices on the daughter-board.

does the customer can use QSPI for such an application, could you please advise what is the fastest interface to enable such a connection between the three MCU?

waiting for your kind response, Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Shai

@

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou

Thanks for your reply,

Could you please advise what is the maximum MHz can implement per FlexIO module, can it reach to 133Mhz (x4 gpio per module) and If running three FlexIO in parallel could it affect the clock speed?

Secondly, which example code do you recommend as a starting point?

Flexio_rt1060.png

Waiting for your kind response, thanks in advance.  

Best Regards,

Shai

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Can it reach 133Mhz (x4 gpio per module) and If running three FlexIO in parallel could it affect the clock speed?
-- Yes.
2) Which example code do you recommend as a starting point?
-- It's the flexio_spi_edma_lpspi_transfer_master demo.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou‌,

1) Yes you right, there is one master and two slaves MCUs.

2) The data is quite big could be even around a few Megabytes due that the speed of communication is important and should be the fastest as possible.

I have noticed the QSPI works at 133Mhz (x4 lines =~500Mhz) that can work for my customer and if we can use the encryption engine on that bus.

please advise if it possible to execute such as configuration above, or do you have other suggestions? 

Waiting for your kind responses, Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Shai 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Shai Berman,

Thanks for your reply.
According to your reply, you want to use the FlexSPI to transfer data between the master and slave devices, is it right?
If yes, I'm afraid it's not available, as the FlexSPI can't work in slave mode actually, maybe you can consider the LPSPI which supports quad-data transmit transfers.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

jeremyzhou‌,

Thanks for letting me know about the FlexSPI, could you please suggest an alternative interface that can reach 400mbps (in multiple pins) and can achieve their requirements?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shai 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Shai Berman,

Thanks for your reply.
I'm afraid that the data transmission speed is too fast to achieve it by using the standard peripherals such as I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, etc.
However, I'd like to suggest to use the FlexIO which can simulate a variety of serial/parallel communication protocols to make it, for so for your application, you can use the FlexIO to simulate an Octal SPI interface to achieve this high data transmission speed, definitely, you can try to use the FlexIO to simulate other protocols to do it.
There're some FlexIO demos in the SDK library, you can refer them for details.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hi @jeremyzhou ,

My customer tries to implement what we discussed, but he did not found any example code on how to use it with FlexIO as GPIO for communication so he used an example code of GPIO for toggle led.
His setup/EVB is the Teensy 4.0 platform. (There's RT1062 chipset).

When he tried to measure the toggle frequency of a few GPIO in parallel using GPIO_PortToggle(GPIO6, 0x00000008); for toggle the port, he only managed to archive  measured 10-11MHz

The GPIO is supposed to support at 200 MHz (but even 120Mhz could be enough)?

Can you please guide us on how to achieve a higher frequency clock?

Thanks in advance 

Kind regards,

Shai

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
1) Can you please guide us on how to achieve a higher frequency clock?
-- Just as I said before, FlexIO is capable of simulating a variety of serial/parallel communication protocols, for your application, you can use the FlexIO to simulate an Octal SPI interface to achieve this high data transmission speed, definitely, you can try to use the FlexIO to simulate other protocols to do it.
In the SDK library, NXP has provided some FlexIO demos and you can refer them for details.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

HI @jeremyzhou,

Can you please share an example code (as a reference) that simulates an Octal SPI interface (master/slave) or any other interface which able to achieve high data transmission speed?.

it is important to use DMA to not busy the MCU while transferring the data, I'll highly appreciate that.

Waiting for your kind assistance, Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shai 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Shai Berman,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To be prudent, I'd like to confirm some inquiries with you.
1) According to your introduction, it seems that your application consists of one master device and two slave devices, and the master can interact with these slave devices, however, the two slave devices don't contact each other, isn't right?
2) During the communication, whether they would send a lot of data or just a few bytes, I was wondering if you can describe it in detail.
Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos