cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1064 can't boot from the interior Flash ROM

jasonlu80
Contributor I

Hi NXP,

I am debugging iMX RT1064 MCU right now. I meet a problem to run the code on the chip. The chip cant boot from the interior Flash ROM when I power up and reset the MCU.

I try several things debug it is below:

1. I can download code into the RT1064 Flash ROM address 0x7000000 and read it back through the J-LINK.WeChat Image_20200706112034.png
  2. I can run the J-LINK debug mode, without Download to Flash option in Keil v5.30. But if I select the option the J-LINK will not able to jump to the main function handler.pastedImage_2.png
  3. I can activate the serial download mode. And write and read the eFuse state back.

pastedImage_5.png

So I want to know what error will lead to the problem to happen. And what I can try to solve the issues?

Thanks,

Jason

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answering your question, I'd like to get more details about the issue.
1) Which board you tested with.
2) Whether you tried to change the boot mode via either the boot pins or eFuse.
3) What demo project you used, was it from the SDK library?
Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jasonlu80
Contributor I

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your support. I answer your question below.

1) Which board you tested with.

I use the MIMXRT1064-EVK board to do comparison tests.
2) Whether you tried to change the boot mode via either the boot pins or eFuse.

I use boot pins to config boot mode right now, but I did not try to use eFuse to boot MCU
3) What demo project you used, was it from the SDK library?

The SDK_2.7.0_EVK-MIMXRT1064 led_blinky demo code.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply and according to your reply, I do the same testing as you did, I can debug the led blinky demo successfully.
I guess it's related to J-link as I didn't see the SW device in your attachment, however, it should show up

(as below shows).

So please check it.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jasonlu80
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

There is good news. I set the RT1064 into the boot from eFuse mode, then the code can normally run and Jlink simulation no any error happens. I just set boot mode (00), and  BT_FUSE_SEL = 1 and other eFuse states the same with MIMXRT1064-EVK. but if I push it back to internal boot (10) from boot still error happens. I guess the problem should only lead by configuration pin [11..0] initialization state error or there are still other configurations?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.
After setting BT_FUSE_SEL to 1, it's no difference between  
BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 0b10 and BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 0b00, as both of their the boot flow is determined by the eFuse.
In my opinion, your testing result is contradictory.
Regard to boot configuration, please refer to the MIMXRT1064 board

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos