cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1062 J-Link EDU C++: Stack, SWO trace issues

scatty
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using MIMXRT1062CVL5A with MCUXpresso IDE and J-Link EDU. I have created simple, bare-metal cpp project in IDE - just CMSIS files. Problems which I faced, appears only in c++ app. C app works perfectly fine.

Stack:
After programming Heap and stack usage window shows used stack below 0 - just take a look on last used address.

SWO trace:

I am able to enable SWO trace, probe is connected and configured fine (tested also on c app). Only SWO counters gets updated (after break). SWO Data/Interrupts/Profile seems to be dead. SWO Stats updates only Full Buffers.

I have attached this sample project.

Thanks,

Adam 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi scatty,

1. About the stack usage of your project

I test it on my side, the stack usage is OK, but I am testing with the MIMXRT1060-EVK CMSIS DAP debugger, I don't know whether you have the MIMXRT1060-EVK board or not, you also can try it on your side.

16.jpg

2. About the SWO issues

I think you can refer to this post:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2019/06/03/swo-with-nxp-i-mx-rt1064-evk-board/

All the data and counter trace about the SWO can works, so please check the above post, whether you lost some other configuration.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know!

Best Regards,

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi scatty,

1. About the stack usage of your project

I test it on my side, the stack usage is OK, but I am testing with the MIMXRT1060-EVK CMSIS DAP debugger, I don't know whether you have the MIMXRT1060-EVK board or not, you also can try it on your side.

16.jpg

2. About the SWO issues

I think you can refer to this post:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2019/06/03/swo-with-nxp-i-mx-rt1064-evk-board/

All the data and counter trace about the SWO can works, so please check the above post, whether you lost some other configuration.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know!

Best Regards,

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos