キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

RT1062 Debug out of flash

2,421件の閲覧回数
anthonygarza
Contributor I

I am trying to get a 1062 to debug out of external flash on a custom board. MCUEXPRESSO 

The program is setup properly for the flash 

MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.1 [Build 6260] [2021-09-15]

Debugger JTRACE for cortex-m hooked up via swd.

It programs it okay but then the debugger goes off into the weeds. If I use ozone with the generated .axf file it does just fine. So I think it is a settings issue. I have the same project working on a 1052 and MCUEXPRESSO works fine with the same jtrace. Is there a setting I am missing to make it debug out of flash.

Should be noted that when debug out of ram is checked it works fine. 

anthonygarza_0-1641558201772.png

0 件の賞賛
6 返答(返信)

2,381件の閲覧回数
anthonygarza
Contributor I

Also the standalone programmer does seem to program the flash.

anthonygarza_0-1642080301974.png

@FelipeGarcia 

0 件の賞賛

2,344件の閲覧回数
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anthony,

Please note that you will need to update qspiflash_config according to W25Q64JV datasheet. You can compare it with IS25WP064A (which is the one included in our EVK) for difference in commands and timing. This includes LUT with appropriate commands according to the flash you are using.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 件の賞賛

2,391件の閲覧回数
anthonygarza
Contributor I

Where as mcuexpresso with the same build does not. 

anthonygarza_0-1642010152406.png

0 件の賞賛

2,394件の閲覧回数
anthonygarza
Contributor I

1. I believe that it is a compatable flash.
2. The example does not debug out of flash either.
3. However ozone is able to debug out of flash.

anthonygarza_0-1642008551869.png

0 件の賞賛

2,404件の閲覧回数
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anthony,

Here are some ideas you can try:

1. Could you please clarify what is the flash device you are using? Is it the same as in our EVK?
  2. Please make sure your flash has QE bit enabled.
  3. You can try to debug the polling_transfer example from the SDK on your custom board. If you run the example from RAM you could confirm if flash operation is working or not.
  4. Check the BT_CFG pins, if you are booting from pins it should be according to your flash.

Have a great day,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 件の賞賛

2,367件の閲覧回数
anthonygarza
Contributor I

So far nothing has worked, How should the dip switches for boot_mode be configured. I am currently using 10, I have tried 00 and 01 as well. And they do not affect it either way for the most part.

I have done a little more digging. And while Ozone will start you out of flash it seems that it goes off into the same weeds as mcuexpresso. Even when debugging out of ram if I hit reset on the program it goes to 0x20ed48 and is done. Could the boot rom be bad? Does the boot rom need to be reprogramed? I couldnt find anything in the HWRM about reprogramming the boot rom. 

I do know that the external flash is being programmed. I have been able to use JFlash to confirm that it matches the bin file at the right addresses. 

@FelipeGarcia 

Is there some bootloader that is wrong or needs to be added to the projects? I have only questions and no answers. I havent seen an answer to this thread in a while. Any Ideas????

0 件の賞賛