RT1062-CVL5A, strange temperature behavior of the CPU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1062-CVL5A, strange temperature behavior of the CPU

MichaelF
Contributor I

Here we are using a MIMXRT1062CVL5A which should work under the junction temperature conditions -40 to +105 °C.

We are using the following settings for the frequencies:
CPU: 528 MHz
AHB: 528 MHz
IPG: 132 MHz
USB: 480 MHz
OSC:  24 MHz

In the climatic cabinet at 70 degrees, however, the CPU crashes. It looks like it just stops. With the TEMPMON functionality I was able to determine the CPU core temperature of 90 degrees. Switching the power supply off and on again no longer causes the CPU to run. Only when the CPU has cooled down does everything work again after a power off / on cycle.

I have no idea why the CPU is not working with a Core temp of 90 degrees, measured by TEMPMON, where the maximum junction temperature is given as up to 105.

Or is it not possible to equate the temperature measured by TEMPMON with the junction temperature?

Any hints are welcome to solve this problems.

Best regards,
Michael Fischer

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

MichaelF
Contributor I

Hello Felipe,

yes, I found the pit fall with the default setting of 90 degrees for the panicAlarmTemp,
From the SDK example, I thought that there was no automatic shutdown, but that this
function had to be activated first. Unfortunately this options can not be disabled?

For a test on the desk, I set the PANIC_TEMP to 45 degrees to see what exactly happened.
And it looks like this is crashing the CPU. Then I released the interrupt for the PANIC_TEMP
in the hope that the interrupt function would be used here. But I couldn't find this in the
debugger either. Here, too, the CPU crashed.

Best regards,
Michael

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

This could be caused by panic alarm as if you reach the configured panic alarm value the system will automatically reset. Please check chapter 19 of the reference manual for more detail.

Additionally, please note that operating the device at the max limit of temperature range could shorten lifetime of the device.

Have a great day,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos

MichaelF
Contributor I

Hello Felipe,

yes, I found the pit fall with the default setting of 90 degrees for the panicAlarmTemp,
From the SDK example, I thought that there was no automatic shutdown, but that this
function had to be activated first. Unfortunately this options can not be disabled?

For a test on the desk, I set the PANIC_TEMP to 45 degrees to see what exactly happened.
And it looks like this is crashing the CPU. Then I released the interrupt for the PANIC_TEMP
in the hope that the interrupt function would be used here. But I couldn't find this in the
debugger either. Here, too, the CPU crashed.

Best regards,
Michael

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

You can disable temperature sensor in TEMPSENSE0 > POWER DOWN register.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

MichaelF
Contributor I

Hello Felipe,

but this will disable the TEMPMON. I want to have the functionality to monitor the temperatur, but not the functionality of the PANIC. It looks that this is not possible here.

Regards,
Michael

0 Kudos