Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1060 FlexSPI Communication Issues

Jump to solution
nick_j
Contributor III

Hello,

I recently posted about not being able to communicate with an external flash device using FlexSPI (https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Unsupported-SFDP-Version/m-p/1227292#M12592).

The issues is that I am trying to read the SFDP signature from the flash, but am unable to. I have since made some discoveries but am yet to communicate with the flash device. The flash on the custom board is using the same FlexSPI setup as is on the evk and so I am testing using the nor flash example. The example works perfectly fine on the evk, but on the custom board no SFDP signature is returned from the flash device. I have also replicated the FlexSPI and flash setup in a separate project and still no SFDP signature.

Probing the flash pins on both the evk and custom board show that the Read Serial Flash Discovery Parameter command (0x5A) is being received by the flash on pin DQ0, and that the correct response (0x5346 4450 0601 01FF) is being transmitted on DQ1. The issue is that when reading the data in from the Rx FIFO, the SFDP signature is nowhere to be seen on the custom board, even though the IP Rx status register reports that the FIFO has been filled.

The muxing for the pins is correct, the FlexSPI configuration and clock speed for FlexSPI is the same on both boards, I am unsure what the problem could be.

Thanks,

Nick

Labels (1)
1 Solution
nick_j
Contributor III

I have solved the issue, it was to do with the Rx Source Clocking configuration. In the nor flash example the clock source is configured to loopback through DQS pad, however our custom setup is not configured to do that and so the source needs to loopback internally.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
nick_j
Contributor III

I have solved the issue, it was to do with the Rx Source Clocking configuration. In the nor flash example the clock source is configured to loopback through DQS pad, however our custom setup is not configured to do that and so the source needs to loopback internally.