cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1060/1064 Ethernet w/SEMC Pin Config

vonp
Contributor II

Hi,

I am currently using the RT1050 and have configured the Ethernet, LCD, and SDRAM(using the SEMC). I am wanting to know if I can migrate to the RT1060/1064 and gain a second Ethernet port. Using the pinmux tool it will allow me to select the second Ethernet port but the pins are shared with either the SEMC or the LCD pins. The pinmux tool does not show any conflict when both are selected. So my question is: can I use the ethernet and SEMC at the same time? Or is there some other way I can configure this to work to use all of the above?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

wayne_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

as the SDRAM or LCD share the same pins with secondary ENET, so it is not available to be used in the same time, the solution is to use hyper RAM instead of SDRAM, which available to connect to FlexSPI/FlexSPI2 interface, and save pins for ENET or LCD, additional, if customer accept to use QSPI  flash boot, recommend to select RT1064, which will save more pins, and connect Hyper RAM to FlexSPI by SD1 pins, which available to be powered by 1.8V, and Hyper RAM can up to 166Mhz DDR mode, the performance is almost same with SDRAM.

0 Kudos

vonp
Contributor II

Thanks for the input, this sounds like a great solution, do you know if the on board flash is using the FLEXPI_A_SS0 pin or is this available to use? It would be nice to have multiple slave selects for multiple Hyper Ram chips. 

0 Kudos