cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1052 boot from external QSPI NAND flash

RichardY
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to let RT1052 boot from external QSPI NAND flash W25N01GVZEIG. We have chosen this NAND flash as it is mentioned in the RT1050 reference manual. I have also attached the data sheet.

I am also using NXP MCU Boot Utility V3.5 to download the image. Here is a screen shot to show the configuration and errors I have got. Would you be able to let me know if there is anything I have got it wrong? Or if this serial NAND is supported by the MCU Boot Utility?

RichardY_0-1652154275551.png

Thanks and regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jimmywder03
Contributor III

Hello, 

Any updates about this topic?

0 Kudos

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What's the FlexSPI pin connection for this NAND?

0 Kudos

RichardY
Contributor I

Hi Jay,

Would you be able to let me know the MPN of other QSPI NANDs which will work with RT1052 and MCU BOOT Utility. I am happy to try them out too.

Thanks and regards,

Richard

0 Kudos

RichardY
Contributor I

Hi Jay,

There are the message I am getting when it fails to configure external QSPI NAND flash. By the way I have also tried a board with QSPI NOR flash, it configures the external QSPI NOR flash without any problem. 

RichardY_0-1652239128776.png

Thanks and regards,

Richard

0 Kudos

RichardY
Contributor I

Hi Jay,

Here are the pins. It is our custom board. Initially we had a NOR flash on the PCBA, we were able to program the NOR flash using MCU-link and XIP on the NOR flash. Then we replaced the NOR flash to this pin to pin compatible NAND flash and trying to program and boot from this NAND flash. BOOT_CONFIG[7:0] = 11000000b. BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 10b.

RichardY_0-1652223527356.png

Thanks and regards,

Richard

0 Kudos