RT1052 JTAG

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1052 JTAG

martinsmith
Contributor III

I'm trying to bring up a custom PCB and want to use boundary scan to test the PCB. I have run into multiple issues!

Firstly, I can connect to the PCB and read the status all of the balls using SAMPLE mode, but when I put the device into EXTEST mode to drive the pins, the device drops out after approx. 5 seconds. I don't have the ON_OFF pin (M6) connected to anything so was wondering if this was causing the device to go into sleep because the boundary scan disabled the internal pull resistors and the device thought the ON_OFF pin was low??? Any other ideas?

I then went to the eval PCB (IMXRT1050-EVKB) and used the JTAG port (J21) to connected to the M7 on that PCB. I can't connect to it, but I have used that PCB via SWD many times.

I have pulled the JTAG_MOD pin (F13) high to put the M7 into JTAG mode and still nothing. I am beginning to think that the eFuses (specifically the DAP_SJC_SWD_SEL eFuse), or JTAG security settings are to blame but am unsure how to test or what to do about it?

HAs anyone got the eval PCB working with boundary scan???

Thanks

Martin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You could take a look to the following post (“Debug Connector J21” section), with provides useful information regarding debug the i.MX RT with different probes.

MCUXpresso IDE V10.1.0 with i.MX RT1052 Crossover Processor | MCU on Eclipse 

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

john_h_holste
Contributor II

Hey Martin,

We also have the same issue on our custom PCBA, SWD works J-TAG doesn't.

John

0 Kudos

martinsmith
Contributor III

Very interesting. Do you have ball F13 (JTAG_MOD) pulled high or low? I know that is meant to change the RT1052 from SWD to JTAG mode. 

I too have done a custom PCB, but on mine I can check the chain using JTAG but can't use SWD!!! 

0 Kudos

john_h_holste
Contributor II

We can tie JTAG_MOD high or low based on resistor config. SWD works for us but when we switch to JTAG mode we cannot debug anymore.  Currently we are using a I-JET and JLink plus for SWD.

0 Kudos