RT1052 DCDC_OUT voltage abnormal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1052 DCDC_OUT voltage abnormal

liping
Contributor I

RT1052 will not output DCDC_OUT voltage normally , DCDC_3V3 voltage is stable 2ms then output DCDC_OUT voltage but it wll  drop to zero quickly, however the normal IC will output DCDC_OUT voltage after DCDC_3V3 voltage 3ms and keep 1.1V. For failed board, it always happen issue at the first power on. What may cause the problem?

image005(04-22-17-06-36).jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

liping
Contributor I

Hi Kerry

DCDC IC and its circuit schematic I copied the EVKB board.

DCDC IN is ok, otherwise the DCDC_OUT pulse waveform can not be captured by Oscilloscope.

DCDC IN.png

For POR wave I can not capture all the voltage waveform in the same time, DCDC_PSWITCH and DCDC IN like below

DCDC_3V3_PSW.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Li Ping.

Thanks for your updated information.

The chip on the working board and the failed board on your side are totally the same, right?

Do you check the failed board soldering, whether the chip solder has issues or not?

BTW, how many boards have this issue on your side?

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Li Ping ,

Please check your RT1052 chip partnumber, is it A0 or A1 silicon?

pastedImage_1.png

To A0 Silocon, it has the high POR current errata:

pastedImage_2.png

So, maybe your DCDC drive ability also need to be checked, especially during the POR.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

liping
Contributor I

Hi Kerry

My RT1052 chip is A1 silicon.

2020-04-26_9-28-56.png

It is very strange that if DCDC IC drive is not enough the voltage drop should be captured by Oscilloscope but it can not be seen in the waveform. I use the same DCDC_out rail capacitors as the EVB board, the DCDC_OUT power rail just  used by the RT1052 only, is there other  errata may cause the problem?

2020-04-26_9-39-49.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Li Ping,

Thanks for your updated information.

What's the DCDC IC you are using, the same chip MP2144GJ as the MIMXRT1050-EVKB board?

pastedImage_1.png

What's the  DCDC_3V3 voltage you mean, do you mean DCDC_IN pin voltage?

pastedImage_2.png

Do you also check this POR wave:

pastedImage_3.png

Please give me reply ASAP, then I will help you to check with our hardware engineer.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos