RT1050 and H.264

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 and H.264

tomtalkington
Contributor III

I am currently considering the RT1050.  I would like to use the MIPI camera interface and be able to stream video over a TCP/IP connection.  I am no expert on video codecs or compression but I was told that the RT1050 is not a good choice for this as it does not have a GPU - that the H.264 encoding would be too much for it. The RT1050 would seem to be a good choice for this application.  

Is a GPU planned for a future RT part?

Is the processor so fast that it can perform the compression in software?  If so is an H.264 C library planned?

Thanks,

Tom

9 Replies

garpaci
Contributor II

Hello all,

Could you get imx rt H264 project? Where can i download can you help? It will be a good reference for me because I stuck at 20 fps when using JPEG decoding.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Gorkem

0 Kudos

venugopal_v
Contributor III

hello, 

I wanted to work with rt1064  , please Can you please help with the link from where H.264 sources were downloaded?

0 Kudos

richy_ye
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As open source license conflict between ffmpeg and SDK, the code can't be integrated in SDK package for release. nxf44444, can you share the software project with team? Thanks!

0 Kudos

daniel9
Contributor I

Hi Richy Ye, Is it possible to share the software project? This would be very useful for us. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

mariocenteno
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tom,

We ran the open source H.264 encoding/decoding on RT1050-EVK. The performance of decoding is about 40fps @ 480*272 resolution after basic memory allocation optimization. We are working on an application note but it's not published yet.

Mario

sureshrao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello mariocenteno‌,

Can you please help with the link from where H.264 sources were downloaded?

Best Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

mariocenteno
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Suresh,

here is the link to the application note:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12562.pdf

you can find it in the i.MX RT webpage.

thanks

Mario

0 Kudos

mickh
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

Where is the source code referred to in the PDF?

Thanks,

Mick

0 Kudos

Childe
Contributor II

Hello Mario,

Where can i download source code of AN12562? I cannot find in SDK or zip file on website.

Thanks.

Wittawas