cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 Touch Screen Controller - 4 pin mode

Jump to solution
variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

When using the touch screen controller (TSC) on the RT1050 - in 4 pin mode - do you have to leave pin GPIO_AD_B1_11 as a no connect, or can it be used for other functionality?

I also couldn't find any demos using this module in the RT1050's SDK, are there any?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

>>do you have to leave pin GPIO_AD_B1_11 as a no connect, or can it be used for other functionality?

Yes.  The pin can be used to other function.

>>I also couldn't find any demos using this module in the RT1050's SDK, are there any?

Unfortunately, There is not any demo for it. Only refer to the driver  fsl_tsc.h/fsl_tsc.c in SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMXRT1050\devices\MIMXRT1050\drivers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

>>do you have to leave pin GPIO_AD_B1_11 as a no connect, or can it be used for other functionality?

Yes.  The pin can be used to other function.

>>I also couldn't find any demos using this module in the RT1050's SDK, are there any?

Unfortunately, There is not any demo for it. Only refer to the driver  fsl_tsc.h/fsl_tsc.c in SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMXRT1050\devices\MIMXRT1050\drivers.

variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

One follow-up question fangfang

Is it possible to use different ADC pins for the TSC. 

We're using GPIO_AD_B1_12 - GPIO_AD_B1_15 for the CSI interface, and we're using the JTAG pins - so we can't remove CSI_DATA_02 - CSI_DATA_05 from the pins that the RM says are the only TSC pins.

Is it not possible to use TSC on other pins, like:

GPIO_AD_B1_08, GPIO_AD_B1_07, GPIO_AD_B1_06, GPIO_AD_B1_05?

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is not possible depends on the reference manual. Please find it as the information.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards

variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

got it, thanks

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome.

0 Kudos
variable_andrew