cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 Rom Boot loader devices connections

Jump to solution
jamesli
Contributor III

On the latest data sheet, when boot loader from UART1, Table 79 show 4 pins are used, 

pastedImage_1.png

But on reference manual table 8-1 as follows:

pastedImage_2.png

Only two pins are needed. Which one I should to use, if the UART1 port does not use CTS and RTS signals, is boot loader still to talk the device? Where I can find more information regarding the ROM bootloader?

When boot from FlexSPI, it lists a hyper flash as follows:

pastedImage_3.png 

Is the ROM boot loader works with QSPI flash on FLEXSPI_A or FLEXSPI_B port, if yes, how it behaviors? Which IC is selected first? FLEXSPI_A_SS0_B or  FLEXSPI_B_SS0_B? What is required connections?

Any  help is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jian Li,

The ROM bootloader supports booting through UART with RX/TX only (no hardware flow control). Additionally, I do not know of any other documents with deep information on the ROM bootloader, but I will ask around and let you know if I find something useful. For instance you can take a look here:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12107.pdf 

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jian Li,

The ROM bootloader supports booting through UART with RX/TX only (no hardware flow control). Additionally, I do not know of any other documents with deep information on the ROM bootloader, but I will ask around and let you know if I find something useful. For instance you can take a look here:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12107.pdf 

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jamesli
Contributor III

Hi, Carlos_Musich: Thank you for help and promise for more info.

0 Kudos