cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 QSPI Flash Security Settings Help

kamal1
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on a project using the MIMXRT1050 board with QSPI flash on Keilv5 IDE. I would like to know how to download code to the flash and then secure the flash so other people will not write over my code. I will also need to be able to update the code later after the first download. How can I secure my flash code and give only myself the permission to overwrite my original program?

I have been reading about Security Register Lock Bits in which I can set them by writing to a specific register but, I need to know how to unlock the flash before I attempt locking my program or else I would be stuck. Any help is appreciated.

flash.PNG

Best,

Kamal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kamal Nasif,

About just the flash side security, you can contact with winbond, they will help you the details.

But, if you want to know how to use the RT security, I think you can use the BEE mode, and define your own key in the fuse, then the chip just can be modified by yourself.

About the download detail, you can use the MDK generate the .bin file, then use the RT MCUBootUtility tool to download your app code.

More details, please check NXP MCUBootUtility tool:

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility/releases/tag/v2.0.0
the related user manual is:
https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility

Please check it at first.

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos