cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#RT1050 LCD interface - question on data lines

vishaljoshi
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a question on interfacing RGB LCD to RT1050/60. As per application note AN12302, all 24 data lines are used to interface with LCD having 18 data lines. pastedImage_1.png

But as per reference manual, data lines in sequence should be used based on number of LCD data lines.

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_3.png

What is expected behavior? If we want to use 5-6-5 format (16 bits), can we just enable D0-D15 lines and use other 8 lines as GPIOs or some other function?

Thank you.

With regards,

Vishal

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

vishaljoshi
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for reply. It does mean that we need to make sure what color resolution we want ahead of time. Since data lines sequence varies, it we decide to switch from 24bpp to 16bpp later, red lines on display will become not connected. Can data lines on MCU be reassigned to different pins so that pixel resolution can be selected later?

Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The  LCDIF provides flexible options for color_bits-to-pins mapping.

Use section 35.5.2 (Write Data Path) of i.MX RT1050 Reference Manual,

Rev. 3, 8/2019, for more details.

Customers can use the i.MX Pins tool to define possible muxing configurations.

Pins Tool for i.MX Application Processors | NXP 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to use other 8 lines as GPIOs or some other function.

Have a great day,

Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos