cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 EVKB SPI Examples not working

Jump to solution
jrnTransAct
Contributor III

Edit: After further research I found that the SPI0 signals are not populated on the J24 Arduino header. See the comment marked as the solution.

I'm trying to get SPI working on the RT1050 EVKB boards using sample code from SDK V2.10.0.

I've got two boards setup. One running the  lpspi driver demo [\polling_b2b\master] example and the other one running the slave version of that code.

I've hooked up the slave board to the master board correctly and the demo code absolutely doesn't work for me. I can see the debug messages on my serial ports for both the master and slave, but the master keeps saying the transfer failed and the slave never prints that it received data.

I literally used the sample AS IS without any modifications and I'm having no luck.

I went a step further and hooked up a logic analyzer ( Saleae logic 8 )  and I never even see the CS/SS toggle and I never see a CLK signal nor do I see any data on MOSI or MISO lines.

Does anybody have ANY idea what could be wrong?

Seems to me that at a minimum I should at least see the CLK and CS/SS lines showing valid behavior on the logic analyzer. I see absolutely no activity on any of the SPI pins. 

I did verify that my logic analyzer is working by hooking up one channel to a blinking LED. The analyzer was properly detecting and showing the LED activity. And I also know that other channels are working on my analyzer.

I also did some cursory debugging and didn't notice any API calls failing...

And to be sure I'm using the correct pins on the board, here is the diagram that I'm following. The pins I'm using are circled in red and are the SPI0 pins.

JimNortonTACT_0-1633266398405.png

Thank you.

------
Jim Norton
Sr. Firmware Engineer - TransAct Technologies, Inc.
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jrnTransAct
Contributor III

So I did some further research. The SPI0 on the Arduino header is shared with the SDCARD. From https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/bsps/bsps-arm.html#id19

Note that the SPI-pins on the evaluation board are shared with the SD card. Populate R278, R279, R280, R281 on the IMXRT1050-EVKB (Rev A) to use the SPI pins on the Arduino connector.

I found the resistor footprints on the underside of the board under the sdcard.

JimNortonTACT_0-1633354498853.jpeg

------
Jim Norton

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jrnTransAct
Contributor III

Does the RT1050 EVKB board come with SPI0 not connected to the Arduino header? See snippet of board schematic below.

JimNortonTACT_0-1633299307262.png

------
Jim Norton
0 Kudos
jrnTransAct
Contributor III

So I did some further research. The SPI0 on the Arduino header is shared with the SDCARD. From https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/bsps/bsps-arm.html#id19

Note that the SPI-pins on the evaluation board are shared with the SD card. Populate R278, R279, R280, R281 on the IMXRT1050-EVKB (Rev A) to use the SPI pins on the Arduino connector.

I found the resistor footprints on the underside of the board under the sdcard.

JimNortonTACT_0-1633354498853.jpeg

------
Jim Norton
0 Kudos