Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050-EVK Boot from SD Card to ITCM

Jump to solution
tsantzi
Contributor III

Hello,

I have been trying to make my RT1050-EVK (REV A) boot from SD card, by following the instructions in AN12107.pdf. All the steps up to and including the MfgTool flashing process complete successfully, however when I re-configure the board for execution (SW7: 1010, J1:5-6, USB:J28), nothing appears on the terminal.

I have adjusted the MIMXRT1052xxxxx_ram.icf IAR linker file as per the instructions (m_interrupts_start @ 0x00002000, m_text_start @ 0x00002400). The SD card used in J20 is a brand-new 16 GB SanDisk Ultra HC I; when I manually zero the card device, and then flash it with MfgTool and examine it, I am able to see some data on it, starting at 0x400 as expected.

When I follow the steps for XIP'ing form Hyperflash, or even from QSPI as per AN12108.pdf (on a different board with Hyperflash removed), everything works perfectly. I am using version 1.1 of the Flashloader tools.

Could you please advise on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Nikos

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may try modifying the StartAddress in "imx-itcm-unsigned.bd" file to below

0x2000. I used startAddress = 0x1000 instead of 0x8000 in "imx-itcm-unsigned.bd".

It works on my board!

Regards,

Yuri.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can try this GUI tool, it supports eMMC

Releases · JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility · GitHub 

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may try modifying the StartAddress in "imx-itcm-unsigned.bd" file to below

0x2000. I used startAddress = 0x1000 instead of 0x8000 in "imx-itcm-unsigned.bd".

It works on my board!

Regards,

Yuri.

tsantzi
Contributor III

Thanks Yuri, that was spot-on! After changing startAddress to 0x1000 in "imx-itcm-unsigned.bd", I can now boot from SD to ITCM.