RT1050 - Can SDRAM DQS be looped back internally?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 - Can SDRAM DQS be looped back internally?

Jump to solution
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I'm currently documenting and editing my DCD SDRAM configuration file for my RT1050 project (which I'm currently running on an EVKB).  I see that the SDK sets SEMC_MCR (402F_0000) to 0x10000004, which sets bus timeout, command timeout, and module enable, and sets DQSMD (DQS mode) to 1, which selects looping back the dummy read strobe from the DQS pad (presumably GPIO_EMC_39).

I can see that in a previous iteration of this DCD file, the register was set to 0x1000E000, which sets DQSMD to 0, selecting an internal loopback of the dummy read strobe.  (It also sets bits 15-8 to 0xE0, which are reserved in the latest RT1050 manual.)  I realize this may be an artifact of rev. 0 silicon.

Is it legal/OK to set DQSMD to 0 (internal loopback) with rev. 1 silicon and the EVKB?  If it is, can the GPIO_EMC_39 pad be used as GPIO in this case?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the later reply.

It is ok to set DQSMD to 0 with internal loopback with silicon A1 version.

The related GPIO_EMC_39 pin can be used as another function pin.

From current IMXRT1050-EVKB schematics, the GPIO_EMC_39 pin doesn't connected with external SDRAM.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the later reply.

It is ok to set DQSMD to 0 with internal loopback with silicon A1 version.

The related GPIO_EMC_39 pin can be used as another function pin.

From current IMXRT1050-EVKB schematics, the GPIO_EMC_39 pin doesn't connected with external SDRAM.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Mike

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.