RT1050/1060 - Where is the LCD_RESET signal?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050/1060 - Where is the LCD_RESET signal?

Jump to solution
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I'm looking at the RT1060 reference manual, and in "Table 35-5 - Pin use in DOTCLK mode", at the end of the table, an LCD_RESET signal is mentioned.  The string "LCD_RESET" does not appear anywhere else in the document.  It is not mentioned in the datasheet.  Google reveals an app note AN12302 "i.MX RT eLCDIF RGB Mode Use Case" which mentions the LCD_RESET signal but doesn't define where it appears.  The LCD_RESET signal also does not appear anywhere in the MCU Config Tools pin selector under the LCDIF column.

Does the LCD_RESET signal actually exist?  Or is this an artifact from an older revision of the reference manual?

David R.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I do not think we should remove this signal, maybe we need to clarify that the LCD_RESET pin can be configured and controlled as a GPIO pin, while the other LCD interface pins are still controlled by the LCDIF.

Thanks for reporting this, I will send your comments to the documentation team.

Best regards,

Felipe

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David.

As it is mentioned in the application note you referred to, LCD_RESET signal is configured as GPIO. Please check the snippets below from MIMXRT1060-EVK.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored.

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

OK, so on the EVK, it's a manually controlled GPIO.  So why is an LCD_RESET signal listed in the RT1060 reference manual in Table 35-5 if there's no actual LCD_RESET signal present in or generated by the LCDIF peripheral?  In the MCT Pins Tool, there's no entry in the LCDIF column for GPIO_AD_B0_02.  It seems to me that "LCD_RESET" should be removed from the RT1060 reference manual Table 35-5 (and from RT1050 RM Table 34-5, and from RT1064 RM Table 35-5), because no such signal exists in the peripheral.  Please confirm my finding, thanks.

David R.

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I do not think we should remove this signal, maybe we need to clarify that the LCD_RESET pin can be configured and controlled as a GPIO pin, while the other LCD interface pins are still controlled by the LCDIF.

Thanks for reporting this, I will send your comments to the documentation team.

Best regards,

Felipe

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I'm not worried about the application note... my primary concern is for the RT1050/1060/1064 reference manuals.  If there is no LCD_RESET signal implemented within the eLCDIF peripheral, then that signal should not be listed in the aforementioned table.  Hopefully the documentation team agrees.  Thanks.

David R.