cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1021's LPSPI RAM run vs FlexSPI XIP run

hainie
Contributor II

Hi, 

How much is RT1021's LPSPI max freq ? If I use LPSPI connect qspi flash as boot device , Must I copy program from qspi flash to RT1021's RAM running ? the performence is higher than run as FlexSPI XIP ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello hai nie,

Here is the information regarding the LPSPI max frequency. I recommend you referring section 4.8.1 of the datasheet.

pastedImage_5.png

The LPSPI doesn't support qspi. If you want to use the LPSPI module your memory needs to support single SPI, but with this, you will be wasting resources. Based on the information you provided I think your best option is to use the FlexSPI module. 

In the following document, you can find the Boot-up times for different memories on the RT1050 (link).  As you can see, the times from XIP and SDRAM are almost the same. This same concept applies to the RT1020.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------