RT1021 flashloader for second FlexSPI pinmux?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1021 flashloader for second FlexSPI pinmux?

rshipman
Contributor V

Regarding: QSPI Flash not detected on 2nd FlexSPI pinmux (i.MX RT 1021) 

Hi,

Is a new version of the flashloader available that solves this second pinmux problem please?

Including making sure this is set or is at least configurable:

.readSampleClkSrc = kFlexSPIReadSampleClk_LoopbackInternally

Many thanks and kind regards,

Ronnie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.
It needs to select the Release prior to building, please give a try again.

1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is a new version of the flashloader available that solves this second pinmux problem please?
-- Whether the flashloader means the flashloader demo project in the SDK library, if yes, it can support the secondary FlexSPI Pinmux.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

rshipman
Contributor V

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your reply.

I meant the flashloader binary that you load using sdphost and access using blhost. It is also used by the NXP-MCUBootUtility.

Where is the flashloader demo in the SDK that you refer to?

I've used a modified version of component_examples/flash_component/flexspi_nor to access the secondary pinmux (running from internal SRAM), so I know the secondary pinmux works. I want to use blhost to load the flash (secondary pinmux) from the UART. And I want to sign and encrypt my image. I know how to do this on the eval board which uses the primary pinmux. And I think I know how to do this using the secondary pinmux without signed/encryption (by extra calls to blhost to overcome the bug in the flashloader). But I want to be sure it can be done using a signed/encrypted image for the secondary pinmux. Does the FlexSPI Configuration Block (FCB) get signed or encrypted?

Ronnie

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
1) Where is the flashloader demo in the SDK that you refer to?
-- There's a bootloader demo bootloader_examples in the SDK library.

pastedImage_2.png
2) Is a new version of the flashloader available that solves this second pinmux problem please?
-- The flashloader still is Rev 0.

pastedImage_1.png
3) Does the FlexSPI Configuration Block (FCB) get signed or encrypted?
-- No.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

rshipman
Contributor V

Hi Jeremy,

1) The flashloader in the RT1020 SDK does not build:

Memory region Used Size Region Size %age Used
m_interrupts: 1 KB 1 KB 100.00%
m_text: 94 KB 87 KB 108.05%
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.1.1_3241/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.1.0.202001081728/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: evkmimxrt1020_flashloader_original.axf section `.text' will not fit in region `m_text'
m_data: 54 KB 64 KB 84.38%
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.1.1_3241/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.1.0.202001081728/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `m_text' overflowed by 7168 bytes
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:70: evkmimxrt1020_flashloader_original.axf] Error 1
"make -r -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

If I get round that by removing all the boot devices I do not need, like nand/semc/usb/mmc/sd etc, the autobaud stuff fails to see the activity on the RX line for LPUART1. I can see the Rx activity on the scope, but the interrupt routine UART1_RX_GPIO_IRQHandler is not invoked.

(Note that I tried to adjust the linker file settings to get around the building error, but that refused to run properly. I didn't spend much time figuring out why.)

2) The flashloader in Flashloader_RT1020_1.0_GA does not let me load to the secondary pinmux. It just ignores option1 config setting in the .bd file. This is a known problem, I think.

I cannot get round this using the following calls. Even on the eval board, using the same fcb.bin block that is created by MCUXpresso for the iled_blinky demo, I cannot get these to work. I.e. I cannot do the erase afterwards. It just times out.

blhost -p COM7 -- write-memory 0x2000 fcb.bin

blhost -p COM7 -- configure-memory 0x09 0x2000

The problem is after running them I cannot get this to work:

blhost -p COM7 -t 100000 -- flash-erase-region 0x60002000 0x10000

It just times out after 100 seconds. Without the erase I cannot write my binary into flash.

Note that this does work (on the eval board only):

blhost -p COM7 -- fill-memory 0x2000 4 0xc0000007
blhost -p COM7 -- configure-memory 0x9 0x2000

blhost -p COM7 -t 100000 -- flash-erase-region 0x60002000 0x10000

0 Kudos