cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1021 custom board DC not always on

david_geng
Contributor I

Hi,

I think I must have missed something. The trouble is the on-chip DC-DC does not always appear to be on. Sometimes it's on, some times not. Even the workload on the power supply would make a difference. I'm afraid I haven't been able to find out the rule.

When the on chip DC is not on (3.3V power is always provided), I've tried manually apply a reset to the chip, but nothing would happen. The NVCC_PLL is 1.1V so some of the on-chip power is working. Also, when this DC is not on, the debug interface is off line. 

The circuit has been attached. The PWR_CTRL is an output to control the external power supply, when it is high the power keeps on, and the PWR_SW is an input connected to a power push button.

Is there anything can fix this? I would even think to provide an external 1.2V as the bottom line solution.

Many thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards.

David

PS the NRST is actually left unconnected or to the debug interface

PPS the 32kHz OSC pins are floating i.e. not used; a 24MHz (1.1V) clock is provided externally.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

david_geng
Contributor I

thanks for your help. the problem has been solved by changing the R and C at the DCDC_PSWITCH pin to 100k and 0.47uf. I guess the soft start of the power supply somehow ruined the RT1021 power up timing.

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please try it as the below:

1. The simulator is pulled out.

2. Power on board.

3. Insert the simulator.

Operate in this steps to see if there are any problems.

Best regards

0 Kudos