RT1020 with IAR IDE & usb_device_cdc_vnic example to disable on-board ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1020 with IAR IDE & usb_device_cdc_vnic example to disable on-board ethernet

JamesNgo
Contributor III

This example requires the on-board physical ethernet port. I'm wondering if an applications only requires RNDIS protocol/VNIC communication between Host PC and device via USB only (without the ethernet port at all). Is there a simple way to disable or remove the code module/handles for the on-board ethernet port? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

JamesNgo
Contributor III

Thanks Daniel for the info.

I had tried lwip_dhcp_usb. But when the RT1020 running lwip_dhcp_usb code is connected to a phone (Samsung/android), nothing happens ("USB Tethering" on the phone can not be enabled; however, if the same phone is connected to a PC, this feature can be enabled).

So I'm not sure if there's an issue with  the code base (or hardware) between SDK_2_10_0_EVK-MIMXRT1020 vs in SDK_2_10_0_EVK-MIMXRT1060? Could you try at your end to see if RT1020 works for this code sample? Thanks.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JamesNgo :

I would suggest you refer to another RNDIS demo - lwip_dhcp_usb.

SDK_2_10_0_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\lwip_examples\lwip_dhcp_usb

This demo demonstrates a DHCP and ping demo on the LwIP TCP/IP  and USB stack.

Please also refer to document: MCUXpresso SDK USB host RNDIS & LWIP.

It is under folder 

SDK_2_10_0_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\lwip_examples\lwip_dhcp_usb\freertos

This document describes how to use the USB Host RNDIS & LWIP example provided in the MCUXpresso SDK to access the internet via a cellphone which turns on the USB tethering function.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos