cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1020, SD and QSPI with LQFP100

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello.

I am designing a product with the RT1020 LQFP100 microcontroller, I am based on the schematics of the MIMXRT1020-EVK evaluation board.

The problem is that the MIMXRT1020-EVK board installs an LQFP144, and I'm going to use an LQFP100 (the only one currently available, otherwise I would have used an LQFP144 that interests me more). This affects the design of the boot with SD card and QSPI. I see in the diagrams of the evaluation board, that the SD card is connected to the ports GPIO_SD_B0_ and the QSPI to the ports GPIO_SD_B1_.

In the LQFP100, the GPIO_SD_B0_ port does not exist, and that is my problem, where to connect the SD card and the QSPI in an LQFP100.

I suspect that the SD card must be connected to the GPIO_SD_B1_ ports with the same numbering that the evaluation board connects to the GPIO_SD_B0_ but I am not sure. On the other hand, the QSPI could also be connected to the GPIO_SD_B1_ ports, but in that case the GPIO_SD_B1_06 port is shared between the SD and the QSPI.

All this, unless the QSPI must be really connected to the "FlexSPI2nd Option" ports, GPIO_AD_B1_.

Can someone confirm where the SD card and QSPI are connected to an RT1020 LQFP100?

Thank you.

ScreenHunter_247.jpg

SD2.jpg

ScreenHunter_250.jpg

ScreenHunter_251.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Hello again.

I have designed my own custom board with the RT1020 LQFP100. I have read the Reference Manual and the Data Sheet, but I am still not sure if I can connect the QSPI and the SD, both to GPIO_SD_B1. I see that there is a second option for QSPI in GPIO_AD_B1, but I need those pins for JTAG or SWD, to do Debug and to program with MCUXpresso, so I decided to connect the QSPI to GPIO_SD_B1.

Attached images of my custom board PCB, and where I have connected the SD and the QSPI in GPIO_SD_B1. Can someone confirm that it is correct? I will receive the PCB in a week, then I will assemble and test everything.

I have read in the Reference Manual and in the Data Sheet, about the boot modes and IOMUX, but I do not know if when I choose to start from QSPI, the microcontroller can automatically choose any of the two FlexSPI options for QSPI, GPIO_SD_B1 or GPIO_AD_B1 , and if there can be any conflict if SD and QSPI are both in GPIO_SD_B1.

Sincerely

ScreenHunter_030.jpg

R3qtuAS.jpg

ScreenHunter_031.jpg

0 Kudos

pavelspanik
Contributor I

Hello Luis,

I'm solving the same problem now. I need to connect quad SPI NOR and SD card to this chip. I supposed the same solution as you, when I repeatedly reading so thick datasheet.

What is your result for this issue? Disclose, please.

Thank you.

Palo.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luis,

If you refer to i.MXRT1020 Datasheet, Table 1 “The comparison between 100 LQFP and 144 LQFP package”, mentions that there is only one uSDHC module on 100-pin package:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMXRT1020IEC.pdf

Additionally, on i.MXRT1020 Reference Manual Table 8-33 “IOMUX configuration for SD/MMC”, the pin distribution is summarized for both SD controllers of the processor:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMXRT1020RM.pdf

You could also take a look to tables 70, 71, 72, 73 and 74 of i.MXRT1020 Datasheet for specific pin muxing options for SD and FlexSPI modules.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

luishs
Senior Contributor I

Ok, thanks Carlos.

0 Kudos