RT1020 FlexSPI flash R/W conflict with timer and RTOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1020 FlexSPI flash R/W conflict with timer and RTOS

carsoftlai
Contributor II

Hello, I'm using RT1021CAG4A with 8MB nor flash for development, due to code size just 200KB, so I plan using rest of it for data logging, but I figured out FlexSPI flash R/W will conflict with timer and RTOS, what can I work it out?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carsoft Lai ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Actually, I'm not very clear with the mean of 'I figured out FlexSPI flash R/W will conflict with timer and RTOS ', whether you can clarify this conflict phenomenon in details.

TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

carsoftlai
Contributor II

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for reply, you can duplicate this issue by SDK sample code "evkmimxrt1020_flexspi_nor_polling_transfer" + "qtmr_timer" on MIMXRT1020-EVK, then sample code will crash on flexspi_nor_flash_erase_sector(), while timer is ON. And RTOS will be the same thing.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carsoft Lai ,

Thanks for your reply.
In your testing, whether the integrated demo project is running in the QSPI flash.

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

carsoftlai
Contributor II

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, the integrated demo project is running in the QSPI flash.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carsoft Lai,

Thanks for your sharing.
In general, the QSPI flash can't support to execute the code and, meanwhile writing or program itself, otherwise, the code will crash.
So you can try these below two suggestions to avoid this phenomenon.
1. It needs to copy the flesSPI driver function to the other memory likes the SDRAM or RAM prior to the calling them.
2. Some QSPI (for instance ATXP032/064) support Read-While-Write capability which allows writing to the flash array at the same time as code is being fetched from a different part of the array and enables firmware updates and data logging without the need for additional data storage devices in the system, maybe you can give a try.

TIC

Note:

0 Kudos