RT 1050 DCDC_IN rail

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT 1050 DCDC_IN rail

martinsmith
Contributor III

Hi, I'm working on a custom PCB and am having trouble powering the RT1052 processor.

I bring up the VDD_SNVS and then the 3V and 1V8 rails using LDOs. There is a 1ms delay (RC circuit) between the 3V rail and the DCDC_PSWITCH pin.

The problem I'm getting is that the 3V rail doesn't come up beyond 1V. I can scope the POR pin via a TP and that does go high to show the 3V rail is up but then goes low again and repeats every 250ms or so.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Is it possible to look at the schematic?

Generally the Hardware Development Guide for the MIMXRT1050 may be used

to check the design.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MIMXRT1050HDUG.pdf 

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

martinsmith
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, I have looked through the document and think my problem comes from the rev 0 silicon (part number MIMXRT1052DVL6A instead of MIMXRT1052DVL6B)

I have connected the DCDC_IN pins to the VDDA_ADC_3V3 and NVCC_GPIO_X pins and can't change it without a re-spin. would this be a problem? or could it be something else?

There are a few things I want to check

1. I'm not using USB so haven't connected USB_OTGx_VBUS to any power. I have put a cap on VDD_USB_CAP though
  2. I'm not using the RTC, so have not connected a xtal to RTC_XTALx
  3. PMIC_STBY_REQ is not connected to anything
  4. POR_B is driven low by an IC until the power rail has been stable for 250ms
  5. DCDC_PSWITCH has a 1ms delay via an RC circuit before it is brought to DCDC_IN
  6. CCM_CLK1_x are not connected to anything

Does all of that sound correct?

Thanks, Martin 

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

below are some comments regarding the issue.

For silicon A0 silicon - "if you don’t power SNVS together with DCDC_IN by 2.8 V ~ 3.0 V,

the on-chip DCDC module does not work properly". Note, voltage must not exceed 3.0V.

If internal oscillator is intended for using, it is recommended to tie RTC_XTALI to GND and

leave RTC_XTALO floating.  

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos