Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT 1020 Firmware update using Flashloader

ashishpradhan
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a MIMRT1020-EVK board.

Following the AN12238 i.MX RT Flashloader Use Case (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12238.pdf ) . Though this document is written for 1050, I assume the steps would be the same for 1020.

1. Boot into Serial Downloader" mode. (SW8 settings , off,off,off,on).
  2. Verified that the SDPhost tool can communicate with BootROM of MIMRT1020-evk using UART interface. (error-status command)
  3. Successfully download the flashloader.bin located at "\Flashloader_RT1020_1.0_GA\Tools\mfgtools-rel\Profiles\MXRT102X\OS Firmware\"  (sdphost.exe -d -p COM25 write-file 0x20000000 ivt_flashloader.bin)
  4. Start up the flashloader image (sdphost.exe -d -p COM25 jump-address 0x20000400)
  5. Verify the communication with a running Flashloader (blhost.exe -d -p COM25 get-property 1) Failed!

Get error- "Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command."

Notice that the USB did not re-enumerate to VID/PID 0x15A2/0x0073. We remain at 1FC9/130.

Attached is the console log.

Repeated the above with usb (-u) option same issue.

What am I missing here?

regards,

Ashish

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

pholden
Contributor II

Is there a resolution for this problem?  Do you have source code for mfgtool.exe that can be provided to retrofit it into Linux mode of operation?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I think the option "get-property" under item 5 should be applied to the USB port.

The flashloader uses the USB. 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I tested USB-HID port, it seems the board doesn't jump to the new USB-HID(vid="15A2" pid="0073), so I don't use command, I use the mfgtool.exe in the flashloader folder, the board jump successfully, then I use

"blhost.exe -u  get-property 1" get the correct messgae, you can try it

0 Kudos

ashishpradhan
Contributor II

Yes but we cannot use mfgtool.exe in field since its a windows utility.

We would like to support OTA firmware update where the firmware would be downloaded on to master board (Android/Linux) and applied on the various sub-systems over uart. 

Looking at the MfgTool logs and the ucl2.xml it seems the mfgtool.exe is calling sdphost and blhost to load the ivt_flashloader and program the flash. We would like to update the firmware using the same either via scripts or writing our own application.

Is source available for the tools? 

pholden
Contributor II

Was the question about retrofitting mfgtool to Linux ever answered?  Is there source code available to do this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos