Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RK055HDMIPI4M doesn't work any more

Jump to solution
auftrag2021
Contributor III

my HW: RT1170-EVK + RK055HDMIPI4M

when I bought the EVK and TFT, they worked well by my MCUXpresso 11.3.0 + SDK 2.9.0 (example code)

some time ago, I upgrade MCUXpresso to 11.5.0 + SDK2.11.1

also I upgraded the DAP firmware from default to LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.361

Now I notice none the LCD example code from SDK 2.11.1 worked. Even I opened the old MCUXpressso 11.3.0 and the old SDK2.9.0. All example codes don't work anymore.

What could happen?

Ocassionally, I found this info by NXP web page:

does it mean, the old RK055HDMIPI4M not supported the the SDK anymore? What is the difference between the old LCD and the new type?

auftrag2021_0-1649184888663.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Does it mean, the old RK055HDMIPI4M does not support SDK anymore?
-- No, the old SDK should support it.
2) What is the difference between the old LCD and the new type?
-- The controllers of these two LCDs are different, and you can learn the differences by comparing their datasheets, which are downloadable on the NXP website.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Siwei,

Rocktech discontinued the previous display, so we had no choice but to change. You dont need to by the new display to use any partner or open source graphics libraries; the default LCD in SDK 2.11 is the new version of the Rocktech RK055, so you just need to change the LCD selection from  in the LCD driver header files. For example:

brendonslade_0-1650322402298.png

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
1) Would that mean, if we want to continue developing with the new SDK, we have to buy the new Display
-- No, I don't think so, however, you need to adjust the driver to fit the old LCD panel
1) Can you tell is there any special reason to change the display?
-- Frankly, I don't know and I guess it may be related to the supply of the old LCD panel
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Does it mean, the old RK055HDMIPI4M does not support SDK anymore?
-- No, the old SDK should support it.
2) What is the difference between the old LCD and the new type?
-- The controllers of these two LCDs are different, and you can learn the differences by comparing their datasheets, which are downloadable on the NXP website.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
auftrag2021
Contributor III

thanks for your feedback. I have noticed the differences. 

Because we have many example demo code from the third part (embedded wizzard) running on the old SDK. 

Would that mean, if we want to continue develop with the new SDK, we have to buy the new Display 

Can you tell is there any special reason to change the display? 

auftrag2021_0-1649230206767.png

0 Kudos
mathewcigi
Contributor I

I am not able to run Embedded Wizard code into new display. How can I solve it?

0 Kudos