cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM Loading for iMXRT1160

sathishkumar-rk
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I want to use ram loading feature in iMXRT1160. But, while creating application to run in SDRAM it getting crashed. Looks like the linker setting is not configured to run from SDRAM location.

Please find the some more details regarding issue in below github community forum.

RAM loading on SDRAM · Discussion #48242 · zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr (github.com)

Thanks,

Sathishkumar K

0 Kudos
3 Replies

sathishkumar-rk
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using zephyr-OS for my application to secure the binary.

My plan is MCUBoot will copy the application image to SDRAM before executing and execute the application from SDRAM location. When I'm trying to do application image still executing from flash memory not from SDRAM location.

Please refer the RAM loading on SDRAM · Discussion #48242 · zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr (github.com) dicussion thread for more details.

let me know if any clarifications.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Actually, I'm still not very clear about your purpose, whether you can want MCU to load the image to the SDRAM prior to jumping to executing, just like the post shows.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sathishkumar-rk
Contributor II

Hi Team,

Yes, I want to bootloader (MCUBoot) will copy the application image from flash memory to SDRAM location then execute the application from SDRAM location.

Regards,

Sathishkumar

0 Kudos