Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for generate hex

Jump to solution
Chen_Haopeng
Contributor I

Hi, 

I use MIMXRT1170-EVK and MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.0_6224 to develop a demo for a project using RT1176.

When I generate hex file, I find there is some information in this hex file(in picture). This situation will cause that if other developer build my project and generate hex file, he will get a different hex file.

I want to know which option setting I can set to solve this problem. Make sure that everyone build my project can get same hex file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Chen_Haopeng 

the hex should be caused by my hex checking tool, I don't have the hex-view tool, do you have any free install link?

I check the .bin, really contains the path information, seems the IDE generate app already contains it, and not only MCUxpresso IDE, IAR also have the same situation.

And I didn't find any item or configuration area to modify the hex generation.

You mentioned: other developer build my project and generate hex file

In fact, different IDE or developer may turns out the different app image, eg, IAR, MDK, MCUXPresso build result is not the same. So, whether you can ignore this path information, just leave it?

Or if you use other developer, just check the download code function instead of the source hex or app image is the same? Or use the same hex to download.

If you still have issues about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Chen_Haopeng 

What's the tool you are using to open the .hex and find the other information?

Do you try the NXP SDK project to generate the .hex, whether that hs this issues or not?

Could you please also try the .srec file, that will also contains the address and data information, that is normally used in the RT:

kerryzhou_0-1632465578789.png

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
Chen_Haopeng
Contributor I

Hi @kerryzhou ,
I used hexview to open .hex.
SDK example also has this issues:
 hello_world_S19.png
I also find this issues in your OTA example(by the way, it is very helpful).

bin.png

I don’t think it is tool or file type problem because that data information is same in all kind of image.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Chen_Haopeng 

Thanks for your updated information.

Your question is interesting:

Seems it is related to the IDE generated file that contains the path information.

My MCUXPresso version is: MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.0_prc1 [Build 6157] [2021-05-20]

My generated RT1170 hello_world project .hex and .s19 file can be found in the attachment, I didn't find the path information, but to the .bin file, I find the path information.

Then, I use IAR to generate the .bin, it also has the path information.

I even check the MCUbootUtility attached file, also the same situation:

NXP-MCUBootUtility-3.3.1\apps\NXP_MIMXRT1170-EVK_Rev.A\cm7

Please check my attachment, seems the .bin contains the path information, but to the .hex and .s19, I didn't find the path.

So, I am considering, whether this is the IDE generated bin feature. But strange things is, on my side, hex and s19 didn't contain the path information.

Please check my attachment.

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

BTW, about the OTA, I highly recommend our new software, FOTA: SBL and SFW, which can be downloaded from this link:

https://github.com/NXPmicro/sbl
https://github.com/NXPmicro/sfw

That's very good and contains a lot of functions.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos
Chen_Haopeng
Contributor I

Hi @kerryzhou ,
I check your attachment and I also find path information in your .hex and .s19 file:
 1.png
Hex generated by IAR also has path information:
 2.png
I think the path information has been recorded when build .axf file, but I have no idea to verify it.
Can you check your attachment again?
Thanks.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Chen_Haopeng 

the hex should be caused by my hex checking tool, I don't have the hex-view tool, do you have any free install link?

I check the .bin, really contains the path information, seems the IDE generate app already contains it, and not only MCUxpresso IDE, IAR also have the same situation.

And I didn't find any item or configuration area to modify the hex generation.

You mentioned: other developer build my project and generate hex file

In fact, different IDE or developer may turns out the different app image, eg, IAR, MDK, MCUXPresso build result is not the same. So, whether you can ignore this path information, just leave it?

Or if you use other developer, just check the download code function instead of the source hex or app image is the same? Or use the same hex to download.

If you still have issues about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos