QSPI flash debug inconsistency

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSPI flash debug inconsistency

msaliharslan
Contributor III

I have two identical custom boards with mxrt1052 installed on them together with IS25LP064a QSPI flash. When I try to debug the same project on them, one of it runs without any problem, whereas, debugging on the other one ends up with error saying "No source available ...". Actually, debug session continues, but it is trapped somewhere before reaching to main. However, suspending does not work and causes an error which ends the debug session.

Edit: When I change the source code of the project in a way that keeps the program in an infinite loop after clocks and pins are configured, the project debugs without any problem on both of the cards.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Salih,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please describe what are the steps that get you to the "No source available page". I'm a little confused by your description that the debug session continues but is stuck somewhere before hitting the main. So if you press play instead of suspend does the rest of your application run successfully?

Also what are the changes that you make in your code to successfully run on both?

Is it possible for you to reproduce this behavior using the evaluation board that we have. If so, please share more details so I can also reproduce this error and check it with detail.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

msaliharslan
Contributor III

Hello Sabina,

Hope you are doing well too.

Just starting to debugging gives me that error. It says thread is running but it never reaches to the default breakpoint at  the beginning of the main. I cannot press play since it never stops, trying to suspend gives an error saying that "Interrupt failed". Program never runs successfully from flash, but it is not the program itself causing the problem because when the application is linked to RAM it runs successfully.

When an infinite loop inside of which there is only one call to printf added to the start of the main (Just after pins and clocks are initialized) which traps the program debugging start and reaches to the default breakpoint. However, it does not print anything when continued.

Currently I am not able to try this on evaluation board

Best Regards

Salih

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-25 at 11.32.16.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-25 at 11.32.161.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-25 at 11.32.15.jpeg

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Salih,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please try a simple hello world example on both of these boards. Let me know if the behavior is the same for the malfunctioning board.

Also if your project is simple and its possible to run on an evaluation board, please share it so that I can test this on my end. Otherwise it is difficult to know what may be occurring. What multi link debugger are you using? Can you try a different debugger and see if the behavior is the same? Have you updated SDK and MCUXpresso?

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos