Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSPI IVT Configuration on secondary pinmux

Jump to solution
dmarples
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have a QSPI device on the secondary pinmux (AD_B1_00 .. AD_B1_05) which I am booting by putting BOOT_CFG[3:1]=3b111.

How can I set configuration of this device in the IVT? As far as I can see there's no option for setting the secondary pinmux option in the FlexSPI configuration block (Table 8-14 of IMXRT1020RM Rev 1) unless it's somehow connected with the various 'Override' settings ( csPadSettingOverride, sclkPadSettingOverride, dataPadSettingOverride, dqsPadSettingOverride) which are mentioned in that table but then don't receive any further attention anywhere in the document.

Basically, I want to be able to burn an image into a QSPI flash using blhost. I've got blhost up and running now, but I cannot figure out how to specify in the IVT that the flash device is on the secondary mux option.... so I can't use blhosts 'configure-memory' command to switch it into the map.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

DAVE

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave Marples,

Thanks for your reply, I also misunderstood your second question, and let me clarify it.
1) Can I assume that under all boot scenarios BOOT_CFG, or fuses, will have configured the QSPI pinning correctly?
-- Yes, it will boot successfully when with correct GPIO boot pins or fuse map's BOOT_CFG bits setting.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave Marples ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
The IVT is almost independent with the boot device.
In the IVT structure, there's no field to configuring the boot device, actually, the boot device is determined by the GPIO boot pins or fuse map's BOOT_CFG bits.

pastedImage_1.png

Fig 1 IVT

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
dmarples
Contributor IV

Hi,

So...how do I reconfigure and/or flash the QSPI on the secondary pinmux

using bltool (given that it doesn't seem to allow me to write to the

configuration memory directly)? Do I have to download and run code to do

it, or can I assume that under all boot scenarios BOOT_CFG or the fuses

will have done the right thing?

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave Marples,

Thanks for your reply.
1) how do I reconfigure and/or flash the QSPI on the secondary pinmux using bltool (given that it doesn't seem to allow me to write to the configuration memory directly)?
-- Please follow the steps which are illustrated in AN12108, the QSPI pin choice doesn't affect the steps actually.
2) Do I have to download and run code to do
it, or can I assume that under all boot scenarios BOOT_CFG or the fuses will have done the right thing?
-- No.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
dmarples
Contributor IV

Hi,

Thanks for this, but in my second question I rather foolishly asked an either/or and you answered 'no'. So, I'll try that one again; Can I assume that under all boot scenarios BOOT_CFG, or fuses, will have configured the QSPI pinning correctly?

Regards

DAVE

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave Marples,

Thanks for your reply, I also misunderstood your second question, and let me clarify it.
1) Can I assume that under all boot scenarios BOOT_CFG, or fuses, will have configured the QSPI pinning correctly?
-- Yes, it will boot successfully when with correct GPIO boot pins or fuse map's BOOT_CFG bits setting.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos