Preferred DFU / USB field update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferred DFU / USB field update

borgestrand-ber
Contributor II

I'm thinking seriously about migrating an application to RT. I need to offer users and developers a field update method for firmware binaries. What is the recommended method for DFU? On other temporary MCUs there is a bootloader which is able to receive a new image and program it into flash. The image copy typically operates over USB HID so that no driver installation is needed, only a Host-side executable or script. 

Is something like this available for the RT series?

I consider making a development board for the project partners. The current version uses USB DFU, and I would prefer that method for both development and field upgrades later. That way we move away from dev kit and toward the end product at an early stage in development, which I believe is good.

Best regards, 

Børge

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Borge Strand-Bergesen,

Thank you for your interest in NXP RT product,  I would like to provide service for you.

RT chip also have the bootloader, and can use the USB HID and UART to update the firmware.

About the software, you can use the MFGTOOL or the MCUBootUtility.

1. MFGTOOl can be found in the flashloader

Take RT1060 as an example:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=FLASHLOADER-RT106x-1-GA&appType=license 

2. MCUBootUtility

GitHub - JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility: A one-stop utility tool based on Python2.7+wxPython4.0, it can ... 

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.
Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos