cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power estimate calculation anyone?

Jump to solution
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

We are considering using the i.MXRT1170 on a project that is somewhat power constrained (runs on battery).  Is there any tool that helps with this?  For example it would be nice to be able to check off all the modules I plan to use and then get an estimate of the power consumption (of just the i.MXRT1170) with those blocks active.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
eamonnheffernan
Contributor III

Hi EdSutter, if there's a tool like that out there, I haven't come across it yet. McuXpresso doesn't do this yet.

Have you looked at Section 4.1.5 of IMXRT1170CEC datasheet? It's not as drilled down as you'd like but it does cover a lot of scenarios.

Best - Eamonn

View solution in original post

4 Replies
eamonnheffernan
Contributor III

Hi EdSutter, if there's a tool like that out there, I haven't come across it yet. McuXpresso doesn't do this yet.

Have you looked at Section 4.1.5 of IMXRT1170CEC datasheet? It's not as drilled down as you'd like but it does cover a lot of scenarios.

Best - Eamonn

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

@eamonnheffernan Yep, that's exactly what I've been referring to up to this point.  Its a good first-shot estimate, with the caveat of the last two bullet items in each of the configurations...

• All PLLs are enabled
  • All peripherals are enabled...

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello EdSutter,

There is not a power estimate calculator available per se, albeit as Eamonn said there are some typical power mode supply currents that may serve as reference.

As for additional resources, Application Note 13148 (link below) has some more details on how to handle the low-power modes on the i.MXRT1170 to optimize for your application.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN13148.pdf

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

@gusarambula Thanks, I didn't see that...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos