Porting Project from IAR work bench to MCUXpressoIDE.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Project from IAR work bench to MCUXpressoIDE.

Naveed
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to port my project from IAR workbench(9.30.1) to MCUXpressoIDE v11.6.1. Can you please tell me what are the important steps to be followed to port from IAR(9.30.1) to MCUXPressoIDE v11.6.1.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Naveed ,

Tell you one simple way!

Download your used SDK project, then import one MCUXPresso project, change the project name, or copy a new one with your project name.

Then add all your related driver in the SDK.

Then, add your IAR related app level file, after that, you can get the mcuxpress project.

IAR project can't convert to the mcuxpresso IDE project directly, so, normally, we create a new one for it, but it is also very quickly, as your app level file is the same, to the driver level, SDK contains it.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

Naveed
Contributor II

Hi,

Thankyou for your quick response.

While adding the related driver files from IAR to MCUXpresso, will it also change the .mex file.

How to add .mex file to see the same configuration in the MCUXpresso.? Do I need to re-configure all the pins again from MCUXpresso config tool in the IDE.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Naveed 

I think, you don't need to care about the  .mex file, as we normally use the CFG tool to get that file.

But, you want to port from IAR project to the mcuxpresso, you totally don't need to use the CFG to generate the code. If you want to generate the .mex, it will make things complicate, so, just create the mcuxpresso project, add your app file from IAR directly.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos