cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port HAB support in U-BOOT for iMXRT105x

sicrisreyembay
Contributor II

Hi,

I am currently using u-boot for iMXRT105x found in: https://github.com/EmcraftSystems/u-boot-fsl

I would like to enable HAB to sign u-boot.  But before doing so, I would like to enable the HAB-support feature in u-boot (CONFIG_SECURE_BOOT).  Has anybody ported HAB-support feature in u-boot for iMXRT105x target?

From the u-boot source, arch/arm/mach-imx is a good place to start and based the starting point from imx6.

best regards,

Sicris

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

sicrisreyembay
Contributor II

jeremyzhou‌, We need 2nd stage bootloader in our project (in our case, we chose u-boot) for better flexibility and ease of field upgrade of product firmware.  We have a working u-boot port for iMXRT105x and boots from SEMC raw NAND flash.  Yes, I have read AN12079.  It's a helpful document for signing u-boot image.  However, it doesn't answer my query.

Original Question:  Has anybody ported HAB-support feature in u-boot for iMXRT105x target?

Below is the list of useful information that may help in porting HAB-support in u-boot for iMXRT1052

1. High Assurance Boot Version 4 Application Programming Interface Reference Manual

2. AN12263: HABv4 RVT Guidelines and Recommendations

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sicris Rey Embay,

I want to point you to a similar question which has been answered on our NXP community. Please refer to https://community.nxp.com/thread/500162 to view the details.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

sicrisreyembay
Contributor II

jeremyzhou

This is not similar question BUT exactly the same question.  The link that you posted is pointing to this thread.  Please check and post again.  Thanks

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

FYI

https://community.nxp.com/thread/468663

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sicris Rey Embay ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Firstly, I don't recommend the customer to use u-boot with the i. MX RT, as i. MX RT's ROM code is capable of enabling it to boot from the different external device, likes QSPI, SD card, and Nand flash, etc.
The u-boot will make the boot process be a bit complicated.
Please refer the AN12079 file to learn how to use the i.MX RT security boot.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos