cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing Entire Program into Linker Output Section

rnicolls
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm working with the i.MXRT1176 and using the managed linker scripts to split the Flash Memory into multiple sections. Two of the sections will contain a copy of the entire program (.rodata and .text). I see that I can use MCUXpresso to specify input sections such as data tables, object files or entire source folders and the their corresponding output sections but is there are way to specify the entire program and it's corresponding output section. Is it possible to specify two copies of the program and their corresponding output sections?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @rnicolls ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Actually, I'm not very clear with your question, so can you clarify it again?
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

rnicolls
Contributor III

Hi, 

For example, by default the linker command file has a section called Board Flash which is used as the program memory. If I split that section into Board Flash 1 and Board Flash 2, how would I specify Board Flash 2 as the program memory?

Thanks

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @rnicolls ,
Thanks for your reply.
1) If I split that section into Board Flash 1 and Board Flash 2, how would I specify Board Flash 2 as the program memory?
-- It's possible to do it, however, Flash 2 should occupy the beginning partition of the FlexSPI's memory address range.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos