cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Unable to connect to SLN Alexa IOT development kit

alfonso1
Contributor I

Hello,

I recently purchase an SLN Alexa IOT development kit. I am in the process of setting it up to connect to my phone using the guide at SLN-ALEXA-IOT: Getting Started with Alexa Voice Service | NXP following the steps below.

"The SLN-ALEXA-IOT Development kit starts in Wi-Fi access point mode which will be displayed on any device that has Wi-Fi client available. The SSID will be “MCU_Voice_” followed by the SLN-ALEXA-IOT Development kit’s serial number.

The password of this Access Point is the serial number of the device.

Use the phone Wi-Fi network to connect to the device using these settings:

• SSID: MCU_Voice_<board_serial_number>;
  • Password: <board_serial_number>
  • .g. SSID: MCU_Voice_Rin4ZdJBFhM=, password: Rin4ZdJBFhM=.

To start onboarding, search and install the “NXP Voice Companion Application” in the iOS or Android store."

When I try to connect my device keeps telling me that I entered the wrong password. I'm using an iPhone 7 with IOS 13.6.

Thank you,

Alfonso

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alfonso,

Hope you are doing well.

I've had a similar experience and it came to the letter "ï" or "l". The lower case "l" as in lion and capital "I" as in ICE, look the same. Try the different letter or you may also open a serial terminal on your computer and check the password there since it has a different font you will be able to distinguish the letter better.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos