PROBLEM with SDK example littlevgl_guider_cm7 SDK_2.9.2_MIMXRT1170-EVK

Jump to solution
skruglewicz
Contributor III
  • Build and debug the program.
  • PROBLEM with SDK example littlevgl_guider_cm7
  • in SDK_2.9.2_MIMXRT1170-EVK
  • not able to debug/run
  • I'm getting a "no connection to chips debug port" at the bottom of Mcuexpresso?
  • I'm using this SDK on an i.MXRT1170-EVK
  • I'm connected to the Debug port on the i.MXRT1170 -EVK just as other examples.in the SDK example littlevgl_demo
  •  
  • I get the following message on the console?

MCUXpresso IDE RedlinkMulti Driver v11.3 (Mar 30 2021 16:50:12 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 18)

Found chip XML file in C:/Users/skrug/Documents/MCUXpressoIDE_11.3.1_5262/workspace/evkmimxrt1170_littlevgl_guider_cm7_experiment1/Debug\MIMXRT1176xxxxx.xml

Reconnected to existing LinkServer process.

Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (using server started externally) reports:

'Ee(42). Could not connect to core.'

Retrying...

Reconnected to existing LinkServer process.

Server OK but no connection to probe 1 core 0 (after 3 attempts) - Ee(42). Could not connect to core.

Not sure why the debug port cannot connect

0 Kudos
1 Solution
skruglewicz
Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. I have managed to get it working now.

I am using the same debugger as you specified. But,the build never gets to the find it and bombs. I have the switches set as specified also.

To get it to work, I power down everything and unplug everything. Waited a few minutes, then turned on everything. I repeat the build and download. And it works! I have not experienced the same problem since and haven’t been able to reproduce it. There must’ve been some bad code in memory that was causing the confusion on the board.

if it happens again or the debug port stops working, I will follow your solution trying to  download serial boot.

thanks again for your assistance

Steve K

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @skruglewicz 

What's the debugger you are using? I am using the default CMSIS-DAP, it works oK:

kerryzhou_0-1624439824988.png

BTW, please check your on board SW1, it should be 1-off,2-off, 3-on, 4-off.

If you still have issues, please enter the serial download mode, SW1:1-OFF, 2-OFF, 3-OFF, 4-ON, then download a simple project, led_blinky, then exit, and switch to  1-off,2-off, 3-on, 4-off, and download the littlevgl project again. Maybe your previous downloaded code is not complete, so you need to do the external memory erase at first.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos
skruglewicz
Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. I have managed to get it working now.

I am using the same debugger as you specified. But,the build never gets to the find it and bombs. I have the switches set as specified also.

To get it to work, I power down everything and unplug everything. Waited a few minutes, then turned on everything. I repeat the build and download. And it works! I have not experienced the same problem since and haven’t been able to reproduce it. There must’ve been some bad code in memory that was causing the confusion on the board.

if it happens again or the debug port stops working, I will follow your solution trying to  download serial boot.

thanks again for your assistance

Steve K

0 Kudos