P&E multilink Universal FX - iMXRT1020-EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&E multilink Universal FX - iMXRT1020-EVK

estacey
Contributor III

I got The P&E multilink Universal FX and cannot get it to work with the eval board.  I removed jumpers J27 and J28 as stated in other posts and it still does not connect to the MCU.  I even tried moving J24 to J28 as someone else did, still nothing.  The debugger has been verified to work by another person with other hardware.  I can debug my eval board with the OpenSDA debugger, but not the PEMicro.

It is doing something because the LED stops flashing once I attempt to connect (its running the blinky demo project.)

What could be wrong?

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Ellen

NOTE: This afternoon we tried some the other hardware (kinetis MCU) with the new debugger on my computer running MCUXpresso 11.1.0 and it worked fine.  Still, it won't connect to the RT1021 processor EVK board.  He suggested I check that the JTAG pinouts match.  They look good.  So what is left? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ellen,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please confirm which header of the evaluation board you are using to connect to the mcu?

MIMXRT1020-EVK low cost evaluation kit for Cortex-M7

If you are connecting it to the J25 header, it will not work as this is for the OpenSDA interface.

In order to connect to the MCU, you will need to use J16, which  is the 20 pin JTAG header (on the side of the ethernet connector). 

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

estacey
Contributor III

J16, 20 pin JTAG connector

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ellen,

I have tested it from my end using multilink fx, mcuxpresso 11.1.1 and latest sdk without any problems.

Considerations that you need to watch out for in hardware.

1. Make sure J27 & J28 are removed and JTAG pins are connected correctly. 

2. Power the board first using the usb connector (J23)

3. Once the board is powered you can power on multilink. If everything is well, you should not see any leds (red or green) near the usb connector you are using.

pastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_5.png

In MCUXpresso

1. Delete any .launch file that you might have open form previous attempts. 

2. Select project -> Right Click -> Debug As -> PE Micro probes

pastedImage_6.png

Please let me know if this results positive for you.

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos